Monday, May 24, 2010

London How I Love Thee!!!

London How I Love Thee!!!!

 

This is my ode to London…..

It goes a little something like this:

London London how I love thee….

Thy little children with British accents I adore

Megan got her shopping stuck in the subway door!

 

You say I’m incompetent when I break machines with my Oyster card

Learning they ways is rather hard

But thy history is rich and never dull

And oh thy food is so tasteful!

 

London London ode to thee

In my heart you’ll forever be….

 

(This was my inspiration after a night out on the town…. If you’d like me to write you or  your significant other a personalized poem I would be more than happy… with a small charge of course J)

 

 

Now the following is from my good friends Staley, Claire, and Megan’s blog here on the program with me and I heartiy concur with every statement so I had to put it on mine…. Hehe

 

10 things I’ve learned so far….

 

1.     1. If you want to talk to someone here, you can’t jump right in and ask someone’s name.  You have to ask about something safe, like the weather.  That way you can feel out if that person wants to talk to you or not and then slowly proceed with the conversation if they give you the appropriate response.  You don’t ask for someone’s name or tell someone your name until the end of the conversation.  Ever.

2.     2. There is no such thing as a restroom or bathroom here, just toilets.

3.    3.  “It’s okay” is an acceptable/normal response to “thank you”.

4.     4.  Many people say “cheers” instead of “you’re welcome”.

5.     5. “Queue up” means form a line.

6.     6. Stonehenge is cool for about 2.2 seconds

7.    7.   The British are really good at detecting accents so you shouldn’t try to fake a British one.

8.    8.   A coach = a bus, a cycle = a bike

9.     9 Having Tea Harry Potter Style is Magical! 

10. 10. If you ask someone where “the subway” is, you’ll find yourself in an underground tunnel where creepy people hang out, not on the underground train.  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment